Comment on page
This plugin enables the receiving of audio analysis data over OSC.
Receiving audio analysis enables you to use the various Audio Blocks to create audio reactive scenes.
Or if you're feeling adventurous, roll your own! Refer to the message format below.
The audio analysis is transferred using OSC and expects the following addresses wrapped in a bundle:
- /audio/0/samplerate (Float)
- /audio/0/beats (4x Boolean)
- /audio/0/level (Float, normalized)
- /audio/0/fft (32x Float, other counts are also acceptable)
- /audio/0/bpm (Float)
- /audio/0/periodpower (Float, normalized)
- /audio/0/peakpower (Float, normalized)
- /audio/0/pitch (Float, normalized)
The 0 indicates the channel index. Currently only one channel is supported.
The audio device sample rate, eg. 44100, 48000, ...
Beat bangs from beat detection in 4 frequency bands from lowest to highest.
Immediate audio power - RMS
Immediate levels in multiple frequency bands acquired using Fast Fourier Transform.
Beats per minute, eg. 128, 140, ...
Averaged audio power over a longer period of time, useful for discerning between breaks and drops.
Current audio pitch, normalized to values between 0 and 1.