Comment on page
Blocks are the building materials for Schéma behaviors.
All blocks are categorised into the following broad categories depending on what they broadly do.
Further subcategories hint at which attribute the block deals with.
Names after the "/" are possible future names of the categories. The bold names are current.
- Create (formerly Source)
- Attribute generation, your starting point
- Combine (formerly Operator)
- Combining multiple inputs into one output, such as adding two colors together
- Modify (formerly Effect)
- Modifying one input to become another output
- Picking one output from multiple inputs
- Filter (formerly Gate)
- Allowing only some attributes through
- Converting from one aspect to another, eg. color intensity to movement
- Providing transitions from one aspect set to another. Eg. Fade. Usually not used manually but added automatically on animation assignments.
- Change configuration of the parent Fixture, eg. Pixel Positions
- Assigning of global variables and Stacks to Fixtures
- Special nodes that do not fall into any of the previous categories
After categories the Blocks are categorised further into subcategories according to the Attribute they deal with. Generic Blocks - Blocks that are able to deal with any or most attributes - are placed directly within the Category.
- Color 🌈
- Value ➕
- Position 🛰
- Radius 🎈
Emojis are not yet included inside the app, but I'm sure you'd love them to be just as I do.
Conversion Blocks should use both emojis ➕▶🌈